Step 2 CS, Part One: How Did We Get Here?
- Medical students today have to pay $1300 and travel to one of only a handful of testing centers to take the USMLE Step 2 CS exam. This is the story of how the CS exam came to be.
Step 2 CS, Part Two: The Resistance
- From its inception, medical students have been opposed to USMLE Step 2 CS. This is the story of organized opposition to the CS exam – and why it always failed.
Step 2 CS, Part Three: Winners and Losers Edition
- The NBME just announced that USMLE Step 2 CS is suspended for 12-18 months – a decision that has far-reaching implications for many in medicine. So let’s break it down, winners and losers style.
Step 2 CS, Part Four: The Future of Step 2 CS
- Most medical students want to end Step 2 CS. Sadly, I don’t think it can be done. Here’s what I think we should fight for instead.
The End of USMLE Step 2 CS: Winners and Losers Edition
- On January 26, 2021, the USMLE announced that they were permanently discontinuing efforts to bring back the Step 2 CS exam. Naturally, this shocking news demanded an emergency winners and losers edition.